O'Shea, Clarence 'Clarrie' Lyell (1906 - 1988)
A communist militant associated with the Maoist Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist), Clarrie O'Shea was best known as the Victorian State Secretary of the Australian Tramway & Motor Omnibus Employees' Association. His gaoling for contempt after he refused to pay fines sparked the Penal Powers Dispute of 1969.
- All the way with Clarrie O’Shea/ All Out!! Against Penal Clauses, Revolutionary Action Centre, Sydney, May 1969. images PDF Details
- Release Clarrie O'Shea, Melbourne, May 1969. images PDF Details
- Arrowsmith, John, Abolish the penal powers: freedoms fight of '69, Trades Hall Council Administrative and Financial Review Committee, Melbourne, 1969. Image PDF Details
- Hill, E.F.; O'Shea, C.L.; Bull, A.E; Gallagher, N.L., The People Can Never Be Repressed - Defeat New Penal Powers, Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist) [This scan courtesy of Mike Williss], Melbourne, May, 1977, 7 pp. PDF Details
- O'Shea, C., Workers' Power Versus Penal Power!!!, Challenge Press [This scan courtesy of Mike Williss], Melbourne, 1969, 4 pp. PDF Details
Created: 19 June 2007